Friday, April 3, 2009

Patterns



I carry my little point-and-shoot camera wherever I go and as a result, I have a lot of stray photos of items that spoke to me at the moment but have no stories attached. These bands of decoration are from the bottom of a turret on rue Hautefeuille in the Latin Quarter, a building that has no particular historical or artistic significance. Still, think of the time some stone mason spent in a century long ago to add these beautiful details. Old and new street signs are juxtaposed below.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

It's just this sort of detail that makes Paris so beautiful. Seeing all the Paris photo blogs will give me "new" eyes on my next trip. Thanks!

Starman said...

I have few pictures I took during my first trip to Paris that I cannot place now because I was just wandering and snapping, not knowing what I was seeing, but intrigued by shapes and design.

Related Posts with Thumbnails