Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Blogiversary

I don't know what put me in mind to write a blog, other than say being a stranger in a strange land, and having some 3,000 miles of ocean between me and lots of family and friends. I say that because I'm not really sure that I ever read a blog before I started my own.

But now that's all ancient history. It was two years ago today that I started on this enterprise. But rather than toast myself, today I'm raising a glass to my readers. Google Analytics tells me a few things about you, stuff like how many of you visit each day, where you live, whether you come directly or through a link, and how many of you keeping coming back for more. A handful of you have been willing to reveal more about yourselves in the comments you leave. (And incidentally, most of the people who leave comments are folks whom I've never met in the flesh.) And every now and then, someone sends me an e-mail sharing more. Each hit, each comment, each electronic interaction gives me encouragement as a writer. So to all of you, my grateful thanks. Here's to many more.

12 comments:

preppyplayer said...

Happy Blog day!

DOS said...

A note from California to say how much I enjoy your writing and vignettes of Paris. Thanks for helping me recall old times and another life. I was really surprised last week to click on your link for John Talbott's Paris and realize that he is the same J. Talbott whose family I lived with on the Upper West Side of NY over 25 years ago. Small world indeed! Thanks for those memories too!

Stacy said...

Happy Blogiversary! Keep up the fantastic writing :)

Colin said...

Happy Blogiversary Anne,
I'm new to your blog, but really enjoy your style. Your observations on the artistic/architectural aspects are especially enjoyed and as a parent, I appreciate the twists and turns the children bring to the mix.
Colin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. I enjoy your writing style & the topics you choose to cover, and the daily vignettes from Paris help keep me connected and pine a little for my next visit. I frequently forward things you write about to my dad, who is also just another American in Paris!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I spent 2 minutes on your blog ...then I gave up.

debbie in toronto said...

Anne...all the best and keep it up...you are the first visit of my day at work...."what's Anne been up to"....it's my connection back to Paris...until I get there again.

bonne weekend!

Anne said...

Thanks all. (But Anonymous -- why did you give up?)

Starman said...

Félicitations de votre blogoversary! It's always interesting to me, to read the views of people who can spend extended time in France.

Duchesse said...

Your blog is a daily treat Anne:) Thank you so much for writing it! Keep up the good work and happy blogiversary!:)

jonnifer said...

Looking forward to the next two!

Joy said...

Great blog Anne. You inspired me.
I should get back to blogging again. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails