Saturday, May 15, 2010

To Tweet or Not to Tweet

Two blogs, one Facebook fan page, and the rest of my life to take care of and now apparently I need to be on Twitter. I can barely text on my phone so the thought of Twittering, something that I'm sure must be attended to multiple times a day, is more than I can bear. Has it really come to this? Are we nothing unless the rest of the world knows what we are doing, thinking, eating, breathing at every moment of every day?

I refuse to believe it. Instead I leave you with these pictures, something more enduring than a tweet, status update, or blog post. And you'll just have to ignore the irony that this is posted on-line.


"Dawn" amid late summer roses in Square Georges Cain in the Marais.


The Arc de Triomphe on a midwinter morning.


Notre Dame reigns graciously over Ile de la Cite.


Chestnut trees in bloom.


Everyone's favorite Parisian park, just below the Pont Neuf.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I thought that about tweeting too.. was doing it for quite a while, then it started playing up.. no more for me.

I love Square Georges Cain, I was there last year.. after walking the Marais. I just love how you come across little parcs.

Starman said...

I use Twitter but rarely ever post anything there.

Singularly Me said...

Just say no to Tweeting!You need some private time to, uh, walk the streets and take pictures!

David said...

Great post Anne. I just retweeted it.

Duchesse said...

Lovely pics Anne! And I totally hear ya about the online time! I've recently moved to the Netherlands for work (should be here a year at least) and wanted to keep a blog for friends and family (simpler than sending collective emails, somehow, and only people who want to have news will check it out), but still haven't gotten around to doing it (granted, I've only been here a week). There doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to get everything done! I guess that when I'm settled in and have moved out of the hotel and in to my new apartment, I might find time to do so.

However, I'm neither on Facebook nor on Twitter and I like it like that!

Keep up the good work! Your postings are always fun to read! (Glad to see that there are dedicated people out there, unlike me;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails