Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bon Bons


The French are known for their designer chocolates, especially if it involves the dark stuff, and having a chocolatier nearby is pretty much a given, much like you'd expect to have a bank, a dry cleaners, and a bakery. But there's clearly also a clientele for the lower end sweets, these gummy treats in many flavors, which are hawked at stands like this one around the city. To be honest, this stuff does nothing for me, although my kids think I'm nuts.

Despite my urgings, this monsieur would not crack a smile. Perhaps he had a belly ache from all that sugar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I must admit these stands always *look* so darn good. Must be in the marketing (but not the salesmanship!).

We have a stand that looks just like this one near Metro Colonel Fabien...

Paris Paul

Starman said...

I much care for the gummy stuff either, but it is rather pretty.

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

I'm just glad I don't have little kids in tow while in Paris! Those stands rival *any* low shelf at the supermarket checkout!

Duck nougat, eh? That sounds a little too much like "duck nuggets" to me. And I was not thinking of the duck version of chicken nuggets, either, but something else unappetizing altogether. :D I vote for a different name for the nougat!

How sad that a candyman would have no smile. *sniff* You know, that might make an interesting kids' book! How were you trying to get a grin out of him?

Related Posts with Thumbnails