Thursday, September 23, 2010

Green Space


View Larger Map
My husband, who works long days and travels far allowing me plenty of time to play and blog about my adventures, pointed out to me that yesterday's post failed to capture just how hidden the gardens are in the 7th arrondissement. So zoom in on that red indicator on the map above and you will see the solid wall of stone along the rue de Varenne and the amazing amount of green space hidden behind. The red indicator marks the site of the Italian embassy; the Ministry of Agriculture is down the street a bit (to the west, the direction of Les Invalides). Actually it looks to me like M. Fillon, resident at the Hôtel Matignon, has the biggest yard on the block. Too bad if he gets the boot in November as some are suggesting may happen.

3 comments:

meg said...

actually, the hotel de matignon has the largest private garden in paris.

but the visit of the hotel itselg wasnt worth it - garden was beautiful, but you don't get to see much of the building. the sénat or assemblée nationale, or (of course) the élysée are much more opulent

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I was also at both of those places this past weekend on a weekend trip from London. I longed to go into the Hotel Matignon, but the lines kept me from trying. I loved seeing the Luxembourg Palace and Hotel de Ville this time too, and the British Embassy was really lovely. I'll probably blog about them soon--I was surprised they let us take pictures of the interiors of each place we went.

I enjoyed your blog,
Debi

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Merci to your husband for pinpointing the location. I love maps (paper) and googlemaps for gaining perspective. When you posted yesterday I wondered how that could be in Paris. Well, it is just hidden behind walls!

Keep telling of your adventures and showing your photos -- Love it!

Genie

Related Posts with Thumbnails