Monday, October 25, 2010

Sushi à La Française

Instructions for French cooks on how to make sushi with correct proportions (readers beware:  I read this tip in a fashion magazine so take it with a grain of salt):  the amount of rice should be about the size of a cork for a wine bottle; the amount of fish should be roughly equivalent in size to a metro ticket.
I've been thinking about the advice for American cooks but haven't come up with any suitable, culturally appropriate ideas.  Suggestions?

5 comments:

Sweet Freak said...

I like my fish : rice ratio a little heartier - so, perhaps the amount of fish being equivalent to a stick of Juicy Fruit and the amount of rice being equivalent to a single domino??

Starman said...

Cute idea.

Ryan A. said...

Americans only understand cars. Make it relate to a part of car and an American will understand.

Paris Paul said...

Or money...a roll of nickels, a folded dollar bill (or something--I'm not a big fan of sushi, but you could ask me about Kebab-frites!)

Rebecca said...

ha! this is amazing. For more diverse sushi: cucumber strips as long a Carambars and avacado like a segment of Vache qui rit...

Related Posts with Thumbnails